Saturday, May 17, 2008

work it


















Kim Lyons RAWKS. she's the trainer on Biggest Loser and one of the featured trainers at out event. She kicked my ass. Today we had an event on the beach in Santa Monica to celebrate our Body & Soul issue out this week.

I got there at 9am and started my first class at 10a. It was her Lower Body Booty Camp. OMG. So fucking hard, I think the fact that so many other people were struggling too made me feel somewhat like a champion. It felt good to work out on the beach and the weather was PERFECT, 85 sunny, not a cloud, fun.

I did 3 classes in all, yoga, pilates and then Harley Pasternak who does the 5 Factor diet continued to kick my ass with circuit training and then we ran back and forth to the shore. Seriously, they were superior and the event went off w/o a hitch. Very fun

I bought her book which I'm going to fold into my fitness routine and I got to talk to her about my goals and what I find works best. She essentially told me stuff I already knew, but its her authority and the fact that she used to be 40 lbs overweight that made me think " Hmm...she has a really good point.."

Here it is...

1 - work out in the am
2- do full body strength work outs 2 times a week, split it up the other 2 days
3- 40 minutes of cardio - PERIOD.
4- and thats AFTER your strength training, which is 20-30
5- listen to your body.
6- 5-6 mini meals a day, 4-500 calories per meal or 700 one meal, blah blah you know the rest
7- set mini goals (when i told her my goal weight, she felt like it was too LOW! she said she saw me having lean muscles and focusing on strengthening my lower body while keeping my upper body and core toned)
8- for a good jumpstart? work out in the AM and PM.


my favorite quotes of her "my family has a history of depression. my sister chose pills, I chose pilates" "get off your ASS, this is why america is fat, we dont try hard enough and its one hour out of day - if you can't make time for that, think about what you make time for and if that's making you feel any better."

i was so excited to talk to her and just share my issues with getting in shape and how it feels like a neverending battle..."and it is..." she said "there are some morning i just dont want to get out of bed or do anything...i'm human" she was essentially saying that she has to bust her ass to stay in shape and she like most people want to give up. the problem is that MOST of us do give up and give in to temptation.

it blew my mind all the info she offered and she gave me her email to follow up with her. i told her that i want to take a picture just like the one above in 6 months so she can see my transformation.

"you better! i'm serious!" she offered.

encouragement. if you can't get it from the one you want it from most, there is always someone there to give you a leg up.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: