Monday, September 8, 2008

a: that.

q: what don't Homey play?

short and sweet.

i've been trying to start a business, and it was going really well until i started to think that i couldn't trust the person in which i was starting it with. i heard whispers, but ignored them because i thought people were being mean spirited. then things just started tumbling out that made me realize this girl is nuttier than a fruit cake sale on cell block A.

so i've ended my relationship with this person - cut and dry. it was difficult for me to get to this point - but i think about how i want my life to go and whom i wanted to be associated with. i want to be percieved as a creative person who may not have a business degree but i have a nose for it. and when i smell a rat, you get out of there by any means necessary like Malcolm.

i had to. and i dont like severing relationships. i also dont like to hear that my business partner is a scheming manipulative social climber. i dont want to live in an episode of Gossip Girl.

i dont like this girl - what i knew of her I did like, but there was too much noise and not enough defense from her end. i dont want the association with her. she is toxic and dangerous. i had to LEARN this slowly and even when i tried to approach it from a professional and mild stance, she jumped bad and put her thug on display.

the moral is, do not start or plan a business with someone you know very little about, or talks a good game. also, if they've had 5 jobs in one year...that deserves mad SIDE-EYE, son.
i want to use my mind and connections to move forward and my goal is to bring my friends with me. except this broad.

i've made my way out of this w/ minimal loss and incredible gain. i've lowered the toxic douchebag levels in my environment...and that's a good thing.

3 comments:

jgm said...

2 things:
1) with friendships, you either grow together or you grow apart. plain and simple. sad, but true.

&

2) I love the title of your comment box; fucking hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I learned once from GOD not to "judge" anyone, because GOD made us all perfect, even when we do something that wasn't so "right," to GOD it was perfect. So before you go out on a limb to express anger, look inside yourself. I'm sure when you wrote this you had a bad day, but stay positive, because negativity only brings you more. Good luck.

kween of everything said...

if it were perfect in GOD's eyes. Then it was perfectly acceptable for me to assume this person was not someone that needed to be in my life...period end of story. it was better to live my life positively minus her involvement. she was bringing negativity into my life...i have every right to decide i dont want her anywhere near me. shit happens, but life is too short to manage other people's expectations. thanks for your comment.